Skip to main content

THINK LIKE A POLITICIAN



I can still remember how the present governor of Ekiti state declared his ambition a few weeks to the primary election.

A lot of other aspirants have started campaigning. But none knew he would still come out. Lo and behold governor Fayemi made his ambition known. He eventually won the primary election that paves way for him towards becoming the Ekiti state governor for the second term.

Some people thought he won on the premise of vote-buying. That is, he bought the delegates. While this may be true. But the truth of the matter is, Governor Fayemi had started planning his return to the government house the very day he lost his second term bid to Dr. Peter Ayodele Fayose. And this stands out above all other factors or circumstances that won him the primary election.

 He did not start preparing the day he declared his ambition, he started long before that time.

Bishop David Abioye once said that you don't learn how to shoot a gun at the battlefront. Doing such would be a suicide mission. In the book, 'art of war' it was said that you start winning the war from your tent.

 Base on my own experience, I can boldly say that effective planning and preparation to some extent cure fear syndrome. Any exam I prepared for, I don't write such with fear. That's me though.

A couple of months ago I heard the rumors of Jagaban 2023. At first, I thought it was a joke until I went to my state where I saw a postal indicating that the said man is contesting for president in 2023.

Looking at it, one may say this present administration barely spends a year plus, and what they are thinking about is 2023. These people appear to some of us, who don't understand what it means to contest for a political post as un-serious elements.

But the truth is that they sure know what they are doing. Every successful man understands that success doesn't come by accident but by effective planning and preparation. Ask Alhaji Aliko Dangote for instance, about his plan for the next two years, I am certain he would tell you all offhand without mincing words. That's the attitude of successful people.

So far we have explored effective planning and preparation as one of the important ingredients needed to achieve our goals. And we took a cue from politicians, how that when they win the election they don't wait till towards the end of their tenure before thinking about the next election. They start all the games and permutation immediately.

 A lot of rumors spreading around the nook crannies of towns and cities of what we should expect coming 2023. Don't be surprised, ninety percent of these are true.

Even as 2019 is passing on, I want us for once to think like politicians and plan ahead. Have a mark out plans for the year 2020 and 2021. Do this now. Don't wait till January 2020 before you have a plan for 2020.  Start thinking about the number of skills you will like to acquire coming next year. Don't just think about it, pen them down. 

Start thinking about the number of courses to register coming next semester. Call that your senior colleagues to get some of the available course material from him. Or you walk up to the academic secretary of your fellowship for help.
You can also download materials through search engines.

That said, another thing I learn from the life of politicians is that they don't give up. Even in the face of impending failure, they never think of giving up. They are also risk-takers. I know you fail in some of the things you planned to do this year, and you are carrying them over to the coming year. You are not alone in this ship, we all fail in one way or the other. But as winners, we don't give up. Give it another try next year. But before then, think about what made you fail this year and re-strategize.

Don't be a politician if you don't like one but dare to think like politicians.

I wish you a merry Christmas and a prosperous new year in advance.

 I remain your friend, Odunayo Samuel.

Remember, keep being you and keep being good.

ELECTION 2023 JAGABAN POLITICS POLITICIANS JKF  FAYOSE    
 PRESIDENT PLANNING PREPARATION 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT MATTER

IT MATTER! The topic to be discussed today is ‘it matter’, but the question is, what matters? Join me as we look into this deeply.  When I was in secondary school my Agricultural science teacher taught us then GERMINATION and the factor responsible for growth. Some of the factors are: viable seeds, moisture or water, nutrient (soil) and air (oxygen) When I meditatively considered these factors I realized that not even one out of them is un-important. If any of them isn’t available then the seed growth or germination is in jeopardy. Applying this into our lives’ journey as humans, it is evident that some factors also responsible for our own growth in every endeavors of life. Some take this serious while some others don’t.  When I say growth I do not mean increase in the number of age. Neither do I mean increase in stature. We grow in business, career, and ministry and so on. For us to grow in life we need to take these factors seriously. For instance the viability of th

MY LOCAL FRIEND

                                                               We started this series last week when we talked about ‘lessons from a game of football.’ The capsule overview of last week post is the fact that in a game of football they have a common goal, which is to win. And we established that if at all victory would be their friend then there is a need for them to work as a team. Here is a personal experience shared by a very good friend of mine: I have many friends both in my town and neighboring town. Some of them are educated while some are not. There was a time I went for a conference outside my town. I met new friends at the conference whose exposure transcend some of my friends at home. I needed to get their contacts but both my subscriber identity module (SIM) and phone storage were completely full. A thought cropped up in my mind to delete two of those my friends’ contact. I wanted to delete two numbers, a guy number who was a drop out of secondary school and one ot

SEEDS

I remember when I started teaching as a side hustle. I didn't really take it serious. The first student I encountered,  just walk up to me for asistance, and I taught him at no cost. The last time I met him, he is already a graduate. After I graduated from the university I taught in one, two, three or four places. But those seeds I sowed then jokingly have become trees, I mean  big trees. Just last month I met two of my students in one of the reputable university in Nigeria; one is studying Chemical engineer and the other Computer science. Those were the one I taught between 2017 and 2018. Some of the students I taught between 2015 and 2016 had graduated from universities while some are in their final year. Some of my students are still in secondary schools and they are doing fine. I have students that are not in school but follow their passion either as singers, comedian, etc. and they are as well doing fine. Why am I telling you this? Is it for show, or perhaps to