Skip to main content

IT MATTER

IT MATTER!

The topic to be discussed today is ‘it matter’, but the question is, what matters? Join me as we look into this deeply. 

When I was in secondary school my Agricultural science teacher taught us then GERMINATION and the factor responsible for growth. Some of the factors are: viable seeds, moisture or water, nutrient (soil) and air (oxygen)

When I meditatively considered these factors I realized that not even one out of them is un-important. If any of them isn’t available then the seed growth or germination is in jeopardy.

Applying this into our lives’ journey as humans, it is evident that some factors also responsible for our own growth in every endeavors of life. Some take this serious while some others don’t. 

When I say growth I do not mean increase in the number of age. Neither do I mean increase in stature. We grow in business, career, and ministry and so on. For us to grow in life we need to take these factors seriously.

For instance the viability of the seeds can be likened to the potentials that’s embedded in every creation of God; young and old, Black and White! Failure to utilize these potentials is a step closer to failure. Some are in status quo because they refuse to use their God given talents. There’s no one that God has not endowed with one potential or the others. But the responsibility rest on us to utilize it.

I was in the gathering of saints sometimes ago and the guest minister said something that shocked my theology, he said and I quote, “every believers have the same and or equal anointing but the way we respond to it differs. And that’s what makes the difference.”

This is nothing but bitter truth. Some will not use theirs in their life time while some are touching lives with theirs.

 Remember the parable of the talents: those that used theirs, got more. While the one who kept his own never yield any increase. Some are like that they’ve buried their talents. That’s that on viability of the seeds which is likened to our potentials. Everyone has, regardless of race or color.

The nutrient in the case of human
  Can be the kinds of material we feed ourselves with. 

By materials I mean the books we read, the film we watch and the news or the message we listen to. There’s only one way to our sub-conscious mind and that is our mind. And there are two ways to our minds they are, the eye and the ear. What you hear and see has a lot to do with your thought pattern.

 Your thought pattern in turn determine how far you grow in life. Take for instance, a young believer feeding on junks may likely not grow in the right knowledge. He will definitely be the product of what he read and heard.

I could remember at some point in my life not spiritual was any lady I saw in trouser. I’ve read books and listen to messages that totally condemn it. And I lived with it for some time, having personal hatred for those female wearing trousers. 

But thanks be to God because today it’s become history. And to the glory of God I can say that I’m growing in the right path. It took humility to humble oneself to learn, relearn and unlearn what you’ve wrongly believed for years.

Anyone that will grow in life must be selective in the kind of books they read, the advice they listen to. 

I learned this earlier enough that, ‘advice is the cheapest thing in life.’ Anyone can walk up to you and offer you advice, it now depends on you to screen their words through the camera of your mind. What you read and listen to will definitely be woven into the fabric of your thought.

Air is another germane factor responsible for seed growth. In this context the air is likened to our environment or the company we keep. Your environment has a role to play in your growth. 

If you are in an environment where you’re always condemned, where people never see anything good coming out of you. Then you must be very careful. Because whether you like it or not, it will definitely affect you if proper care is not taken.

Perhaps you keep company with wrong people, I mean those who are myopic in vision, people who never thought of amounting to something significant, who have all their lives believe that success is for some selected dudes. 

They are pessimistic in their approach to life. These kind of people are venom to your growth. Severe while you still can.

The water or the moisture maybe your background. Some are from well to do homes while others were borne without a silver spoon. 

If you’re wise your back ground no matter how poor must not affect your growth. Some dwell so much on how bad their background was and forget to do the needful. This doesn’t change anything until you take a bold step of putting your background behind you and move on. 

Though your growth may be slow and that folks from a very rich home maybe rapid.
One thing that’s certain is that you’re growing and one day you will get there. The two banana plants shown in the picture were planted same day, same time.

 The one with a very slow growth was exposed to some harsh conditions which altered the course of its growth. Moreover the soil was not as fertile as that of the plantain with rapid growth.

We are neither plants nor animals, we can make decision. If you’re keeping company with people that are not contributing anything significant to your life, the choice is yours whether to stay or leave.  

You are in environment where you are tolerated and not appreciated, you have the choice to leave.

If this blesses you, share your experience(s) in the comment box below.

Till we meet again, I remain my humble self Akerele Odunayo Sam. 

But remember keep being you and keep being true.

© AKERELE, ODUNAYO SAMUEL, 2017.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY LOCAL FRIEND

                                                               We started this series last week when we talked about ‘lessons from a game of football.’ The capsule overview of last week post is the fact that in a game of football they have a common goal, which is to win. And we established that if at all victory would be their friend then there is a need for them to work as a team. Here is a personal experience shared by a very good friend of mine: I have many friends both in my town and neighboring town. Some of them are educated while some are not. There was a time I went for a conference outside my town. I met new friends at the conference whose exposure transcend some of my friends at home. I needed to get their contacts but both my subscriber identity module (SIM) and phone storage were completely full. A thought cropped up in my mind to delete two of those my friends’ contact. I wanted to delete two numbers, a guy number who was a drop out of secondary school and one ot

SEEDS

I remember when I started teaching as a side hustle. I didn't really take it serious. The first student I encountered,  just walk up to me for asistance, and I taught him at no cost. The last time I met him, he is already a graduate. After I graduated from the university I taught in one, two, three or four places. But those seeds I sowed then jokingly have become trees, I mean  big trees. Just last month I met two of my students in one of the reputable university in Nigeria; one is studying Chemical engineer and the other Computer science. Those were the one I taught between 2017 and 2018. Some of the students I taught between 2015 and 2016 had graduated from universities while some are in their final year. Some of my students are still in secondary schools and they are doing fine. I have students that are not in school but follow their passion either as singers, comedian, etc. and they are as well doing fine. Why am I telling you this? Is it for show, or perhaps to