Skip to main content

OGBENI JARA E




Beware of men
they promise in your presence
And stab you in your absence.

Be mindful of your own business.
And with your dream never be careless.
Though the road may not be smooth.
If you don't quit you'll win, this is true.

Putting all your mind on men
Is nothing but a witch hunt.
And at the end you find yourself to blame
Then, reality dawn on you like a mother hen.

Expect nothing from Human clan!
And work with your own very hand.
Soon in your niche abundance will land.
For whose promise fail, if not human?

Ogbeni la oju e,
Kose ise t'eleda ran e.
One day you'll burst into lime light.
And that will end all your many plights.


Don't be lazy,
the lazy ones are blind.
Blind in the physical and mind.
And the reason men so kind are stingy.

Ore mi mase kawo gbera
Rise to your feet, be up and doing.
Though the journey may seems far.
Yet; if you don't go back you'll win.

Imole a tan, iyanu asele,
Help will come.
Still expect nothing from man.
But lean solely on your creator.

Till we meet again I am Odunayo Samuel AKERELE

Remember, keep being you and keep being good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LOCAL FRIEND

                                                               We started this series last week when we talked about ‘lessons from a game of football.’ The capsule overview of last week post is the fact that in a game of football they have a common goal, which is to win. And we established that if at all victory would be their friend then there is a need for them to work as a team. Here is a personal experience shared by a very good friend of mine: I have many friends both in my town and neighboring town. Some of them are educated while some are not. There was a time I went for a conference outside my town. I met new friends at the conference whose exposure transcend some of my friends at home. I needed to get their contacts but both my subscriber identity module (SIM) and phone storage were completely full. A thought cropped up in my mind to delete two of those my friends’ contact. I wanted to delete two numbers, a guy number who was a drop out of secondary school and one ot

IT MATTER

IT MATTER! The topic to be discussed today is ‘it matter’, but the question is, what matters? Join me as we look into this deeply.  When I was in secondary school my Agricultural science teacher taught us then GERMINATION and the factor responsible for growth. Some of the factors are: viable seeds, moisture or water, nutrient (soil) and air (oxygen) When I meditatively considered these factors I realized that not even one out of them is un-important. If any of them isn’t available then the seed growth or germination is in jeopardy. Applying this into our lives’ journey as humans, it is evident that some factors also responsible for our own growth in every endeavors of life. Some take this serious while some others don’t.  When I say growth I do not mean increase in the number of age. Neither do I mean increase in stature. We grow in business, career, and ministry and so on. For us to grow in life we need to take these factors seriously. For instance the viability of th

SEEDS

I remember when I started teaching as a side hustle. I didn't really take it serious. The first student I encountered,  just walk up to me for asistance, and I taught him at no cost. The last time I met him, he is already a graduate. After I graduated from the university I taught in one, two, three or four places. But those seeds I sowed then jokingly have become trees, I mean  big trees. Just last month I met two of my students in one of the reputable university in Nigeria; one is studying Chemical engineer and the other Computer science. Those were the one I taught between 2017 and 2018. Some of the students I taught between 2015 and 2016 had graduated from universities while some are in their final year. Some of my students are still in secondary schools and they are doing fine. I have students that are not in school but follow their passion either as singers, comedian, etc. and they are as well doing fine. Why am I telling you this? Is it for show, or perhaps to