Skip to main content

SIX THINGS TO DO DURING THIS CORONA BREAK



COVID-19 pandemic is no longer news, it is real. And the only thing we can do this time is to help ourselves by taking all the precautionary measures. The rate at which this agent is spreading is alarming. More than three hundred thousand cases have been recorded across the globe.  Thousands of lives have lost and many are in quarantine centers. This is not the time to give room to unnecessary fear because it is not going to work. It can only lead to hypertension. 
How not to get bored during this COVID-19 compulsory stay home policy
COVID-19 


 The physicians and all other health officials have implored us; to stay safe, stay home, maintain social distancing, if at all you are going out use your personal protective equipment (PPE). 

 Like I said in my last blog post, this outbreak has affected so many things, stores, schools, hotels, churches, markets place have all shut down till further notice. Even the commercial sex workers are clamoring due to the scarcity of clients.

 This, of course, is of economic implication. In some countries, there is a restriction of movement. This implies that the whole world is having a compulsory holiday-Corona break. 

While we are observing this compulsory break let's ensure we eat and eat well. Because food is a necessity and good foods are vital to building a strong immune system. Here are six (6) things you can do to keep your self busy at home during this time;


1. Read books: if you are a book lover this is the best time to read as many books as you want. I understand that most times daily activities do not allow readers to read as much as they want. But this holiday should be an avenue to be an effective reader again.

2. Rest: the importance of rest cannot be overemphasized. I know many whose nature of work does not give room for rest. They even go to work on weekends. People in this category should endeavor to rest during this period. 

3. Acquire skills: Skills, either hard or soft will continue to sell as far as the world still exists. How can you acquire skills during this period? YouTube is one of the best places to acquire skills online. You can learn virtually anything on YouTube. Linda.com, 4shared is among other online platforms where you can learn.  

4. Writing: This is the best time to start that book project. Writing a book is not a child play, and it's very demanding. This holiday will be a good time to start. Even if it is a chapter per day, start. The best way to start is to start. 

5. Watch movies: We need to have fun. We can't kill ourselves because of COVID-19. Since we can't go to the cinema, we can enjoy movies in the comfort of our house. If you are a movie lover, this is the best time to watch all the movies on your movies list. Have fun and don't dull yourself. 

6. Study: This is the best time to study the word more. Listen to messages, pray and study. This seems to be the worst moment to the world at large, yet, we can change our attitude towards our personal devotion this time. 

However,  students that are yet to write the end of the semester examinations before the shut down should ensure they study their course materials during this period.  Because most likely exams will start immediately they resume back to school.

Please stay safe and take all the precautionary measures. Even as we trust God for the supernatural, let's do well to do our part in ending this virulent agent. Prayer will not help us to use PPE or to wash our hands, it is our responsibility. Let's be guided. 


I can assure you that this moment will pass. It is not going to last. But while it lasts please stay safe.

I am Odunayo Samuel A

Please share!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT MATTER

IT MATTER! The topic to be discussed today is ‘it matter’, but the question is, what matters? Join me as we look into this deeply.  When I was in secondary school my Agricultural science teacher taught us then GERMINATION and the factor responsible for growth. Some of the factors are: viable seeds, moisture or water, nutrient (soil) and air (oxygen) When I meditatively considered these factors I realized that not even one out of them is un-important. If any of them isn’t available then the seed growth or germination is in jeopardy. Applying this into our lives’ journey as humans, it is evident that some factors also responsible for our own growth in every endeavors of life. Some take this serious while some others don’t.  When I say growth I do not mean increase in the number of age. Neither do I mean increase in stature. We grow in business, career, and ministry and so on. For us to grow in life we need to take these factors seriously. For instance the viability of th

MY LOCAL FRIEND

                                                               We started this series last week when we talked about ‘lessons from a game of football.’ The capsule overview of last week post is the fact that in a game of football they have a common goal, which is to win. And we established that if at all victory would be their friend then there is a need for them to work as a team. Here is a personal experience shared by a very good friend of mine: I have many friends both in my town and neighboring town. Some of them are educated while some are not. There was a time I went for a conference outside my town. I met new friends at the conference whose exposure transcend some of my friends at home. I needed to get their contacts but both my subscriber identity module (SIM) and phone storage were completely full. A thought cropped up in my mind to delete two of those my friends’ contact. I wanted to delete two numbers, a guy number who was a drop out of secondary school and one ot

SEEDS

I remember when I started teaching as a side hustle. I didn't really take it serious. The first student I encountered,  just walk up to me for asistance, and I taught him at no cost. The last time I met him, he is already a graduate. After I graduated from the university I taught in one, two, three or four places. But those seeds I sowed then jokingly have become trees, I mean  big trees. Just last month I met two of my students in one of the reputable university in Nigeria; one is studying Chemical engineer and the other Computer science. Those were the one I taught between 2017 and 2018. Some of the students I taught between 2015 and 2016 had graduated from universities while some are in their final year. Some of my students are still in secondary schools and they are doing fine. I have students that are not in school but follow their passion either as singers, comedian, etc. and they are as well doing fine. Why am I telling you this? Is it for show, or perhaps to