Skip to main content

PREGNANT VIRGIN


**
I just gained admission into the university when I met Sade. That particular day, I was going to the admin office to complete my screening exercise. I sighted her where she was sitting at reception waiting to be called. She was there for a screening I thought. 

I managed to secure a seat beside her. The very first moment I sighted her I knew there was a connection. I could sense that she's not just a mere damsel but one with vigor and high I Q. The aura of her presence in that room brings a sweet aroma as I had never perceived my entire life. The nimbus of her light was like that of Sirius. Good morning, I greet. Morning. Please am here for a screening. Likewise me. 

But it's like the people that will attend to us are holding a meeting, she said. From there we started chatting, we talked about our secondary school days. She finished the prestigious Queens' college. 

This is a fictional story about two undergraduates who fell in love in their year one in the University
OdunayoSamuel design

When it was my turn to tell her the name of my secondary school I changed the topic because if I told her the name of the secondary school I attended she wouldn't know it after all. But she dragged me back and insisted she must know the secondary school I finish from. I told her, and her response was just a nice smile. 

That moment when I saw her smiling, I felt like planting a kiss in the deep dimples seated on her cheek. Her lips were like coral, and teeth white as snow.


 It was 2 pm in the afternoon and nobody came out of the office to attend to us. I felt tired and told her I have to go back to my hostel. Which hostel are you, she asked. Awolowo hall. She was shocked. I then asked her why the expression, she then narrated of so many things she had been told about awo guys.'

"How they make jest of girls. She told me she stays in Mozambique hall. We eventually exchanged numbers. She then persuaded me to wait till 3 pm. 

At 2:30, one lady came out and told us to submit our admission letter with 2 passport photographs and some other documents. We did and left the office around 3:35. I walked her to her hostel. 

That day I knew her room. Would you like to eat noodles, she asked. No, I have to get back to my hostel. Me, that know how to shy well well. How can I be eating in her room? What if one of her roommates just come in, I thought. But she ensured I ate before I left for my hostel. Her noodles recipe is awesome, and till today that's my own recipe too. 

**
At Awo hall, one of my roommates was cooking beans and the aroma of it filled the whole floor. I had earlier told that Awo boys' food is beans. I was like, I can't just perceive this aroma without having a taste. "Brother, please can I get  small beans, I asked?" No, you can't. Me, that did not cook your own.


 I left his presence and went back into the room. But a few minutes later I saw him walking towards me with a plate of beans. He told me that what he did to me earlier was called 'aro' (aro is a form of whining). He explains to me what should have been my reaction when he said he didn't prepare mine. 

I am still in the euphoria If meeting with a damsel. Being the first time I was able to open my mouth wide to ask a lady out. The first time I tried it in Lagos, I can remember how I stood beside the girl for almost an hour at the bus stop, without uttering a letter.  But this time around I broke the jinx and ask a lady out, not only that, she agreed. I called her and we spoke for some minutes before we had a poor network interruption. 

I was waking up 6 am the following morning by my roommate who was a senior colleague. 'Are you not offering CHM 101? I am. And you are still sleeping? But the class is at 8 am. By now, i can tell you the whole lecture room is filled up, you can't just get a seat. I thought he was exaggerating. I went downstairs to get a bucket of water to at least take a shower and rush to class. But he told me that with the teeming queue at the tap I would not leave the hostel until 10 am. He gave me a bucket of water. 

I got to the lecture room around 7 am. There was no single seat again. And those seats that none was occupying, you hear 'someone is there'. While I was still hustling for a seat I saw Sade's call. Hello, where are you? I am in CHM 101 class looking for a seat. 'Come to the front, the fifth row, there's a seat calling for you there. I was elated. Wow, you keep a seat for me! What are friends for? Thanks. Why did you come late? I didn't, the lecture starts 8, it's not even time, everywhere is filled up. 

My friend in year 2 already told me I have to come early to this class if I want to enjoy it. I got some to six. Haha, you did not sleep? I Kuku sleep. But, I had to wake up four, say a word of prayer and rushed down to the bathroom. "I was still dreaming about you when a brother woke me up 6 am prompt. I was like who's this interrupting the nice time I was having with you in the dream? But I could not get angry when he told me the reason he did wake me. 

And what did you do after you wake? Ai, ai...

Good morning I am Dr. Idris, and by the grace of God being one of the lecturers that'll be handling this course. I don't know what your senior ones have told you about CHM101, but I can tell you, if you attend class, do assignments and study, you can't fail. It's as simple as this. 

Two other lecturers will be coming after me. Today's class will be a sort of introductory one. You can write down the course synopsis. What we are going to do in this is a bit more advanced than your secondary school chemistry. But if you did pass that one, you can as well pass this if you know what you are doing. Atom is.... See you on Wednesday. 

How do you see the class? I think the man is good. Did you grab all the notes? Yes, I will get your note, maybe later. Back to our discussion, I earlier ask if you did pray when you woke up? See, Sade we have to rush to botany class to secure seats. But it's an hour's time. Ok, you can answer me as we are going. I didn't pray. 

Why? I told you, I was told that I was late. And will you still pray when you get back to your room? I will try. Don't try, do it. I will call to ask if you do it. Ok, ma. 


Sade which other lectures are you having now? SOC101. What about you? Same here. Wait, are we offering the same course? I think to some extent, yes. Despite we are not in the same department. Microbiology, medicine! Mummy doctor. How does CHM 101 relate to medicine? Maybe we should question our educational system. 

** 
I was sleeping when she called in the evening. I picked her to call the second ring. Why are you sounding like someone that is sleeping? I am not sounding like, am actually sleeping. How are you? I'm fine. Did you eat before you slept? Not really, because I was too tired to cook by the time I got to the room. I just ate snacks. Se, you will come and see me in the evening? No, I can't come o, I replied. 

Why? Tell me. Alright, I am not giving you an option I want you to come in the evening by 7 pm. I know your problem. And what is it? I notice the first day we met that you shy a lot. I can still remember how you struggled before you finally unveil the content of your heart. Ha, you know. " And you didn't even mention it?" But I am doing now. 

Don't worry my roommates are not around. One is going out with her friend, and the other will be going for a fellowship. Don't eat before you come. I will prepare something for both of us. I hope it's not noodles? Don't worry, it's something you'll like. See you then. 

I hope this is not lust? I hope this girl is real with me like I with her? I hope I was not in self-deceit? All these questions popped up in my heart after I dropped her call. I was once told by an elderly man that it's difficult to get it right for the first time. She is the First Lady I asked out, and it seems I'm right. 

'Brother from another mother despite the hostile weather they stay together and hold hands together to cross the border.' One of my roommates who just comes back from the class was eulogizing me. This seems strange, but I enjoy the rhyme. Abeg you get food, he asked? I no get. What about G4? Which one is G4?  Na garri! I get. Abeg gives me small make your brother no die o.

Good evening brothers. We are from a priesthood fellowship. We are glad to be here to preach the gospel of Jesus. I am bro Wale and she's sister Sikemi. Your name sir? I'm Timileyin, I answer. And I'm Sam. "Brothers, I want you to know that heaven is real, hell is also real. If you are not living a holy life, you will end up going to hell. May you not go to hell in Jesus' name. See, you can't be doing boyfriend and girlfriend and think you will make heaven. If you want to make heaven you must be holy."  And that day we were given an endless list of what we must do to make heaven. They pray with us and then left.

 If we must do all these before we make heaven, I fear to say nobody will make it, says brother Sam (my roommate). When I got to Sade's room later in the day what I was thinking about was  'boyfriend and girlfriend.' As much as I don't want to go to hell,  I also cannot look straight into Sade's eye and tell her I am no longer interested in her.

**
I hope you are comfortable now? Nobody is around, are you and I alone.  I then smile and look her straight in the eye and our eye intersect.

 I have never seen the beauty of her breasts like I'm seeing it now. Her pointed nose, dimples are charming. The charm in her eyes this night is just too much such that I can't resist moving closer and kiss her passionately. 

To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT MATTER

IT MATTER! The topic to be discussed today is ‘it matter’, but the question is, what matters? Join me as we look into this deeply.  When I was in secondary school my Agricultural science teacher taught us then GERMINATION and the factor responsible for growth. Some of the factors are: viable seeds, moisture or water, nutrient (soil) and air (oxygen) When I meditatively considered these factors I realized that not even one out of them is un-important. If any of them isn’t available then the seed growth or germination is in jeopardy. Applying this into our lives’ journey as humans, it is evident that some factors also responsible for our own growth in every endeavors of life. Some take this serious while some others don’t.  When I say growth I do not mean increase in the number of age. Neither do I mean increase in stature. We grow in business, career, and ministry and so on. For us to grow in life we need to take these factors seriously. For instance the viability of th

MY LOCAL FRIEND

                                                               We started this series last week when we talked about ‘lessons from a game of football.’ The capsule overview of last week post is the fact that in a game of football they have a common goal, which is to win. And we established that if at all victory would be their friend then there is a need for them to work as a team. Here is a personal experience shared by a very good friend of mine: I have many friends both in my town and neighboring town. Some of them are educated while some are not. There was a time I went for a conference outside my town. I met new friends at the conference whose exposure transcend some of my friends at home. I needed to get their contacts but both my subscriber identity module (SIM) and phone storage were completely full. A thought cropped up in my mind to delete two of those my friends’ contact. I wanted to delete two numbers, a guy number who was a drop out of secondary school and one ot

SEEDS

I remember when I started teaching as a side hustle. I didn't really take it serious. The first student I encountered,  just walk up to me for asistance, and I taught him at no cost. The last time I met him, he is already a graduate. After I graduated from the university I taught in one, two, three or four places. But those seeds I sowed then jokingly have become trees, I mean  big trees. Just last month I met two of my students in one of the reputable university in Nigeria; one is studying Chemical engineer and the other Computer science. Those were the one I taught between 2017 and 2018. Some of the students I taught between 2015 and 2016 had graduated from universities while some are in their final year. Some of my students are still in secondary schools and they are doing fine. I have students that are not in school but follow their passion either as singers, comedian, etc. and they are as well doing fine. Why am I telling you this? Is it for show, or perhaps to