Skip to main content

WAZOBIA TOWN


*******************************

When reading becomes boring
Delicious meals turn sour
The sun still shines light and bright
But it's as though one was in total darkness
In a rhetoric tone asked what could be the cause?
Your guess is as good as mine
But trust me it's definitely not what you think
I maybe a lover boy, 
This time I'm not down because of love fever

Our town is getting better hope we still!
However nothing look better that we see
Citizens shout we are the saints 
the kings replied we ain't the cause of all
Then we keep on keeping rotating the blame



Wazobia  has always been like this 
Even in the first republic
Staff of authority was broken!

Whose fault? You, I, we or them


We turn our problems to clergy men
Hoping they might be the panacea
to  our maladic conditions
This is nothing but illusion
What the king maker has given us the ability to do
We spent many hours on sacred mountains
Asking Him to come to our aid

Is this not religious syndrome,
Or lack of responsibility part of our illnesses?

Hours spent analysing the tabloid nonsense 
On the pages of dailies
Yet no action was taken that could remedy our malaise
Hours spent debating whose clan will make a better king


'Wa' says they are the choice one
'Bia' says not anymore we must be king or we leave;
We've been marginalised long enough, not anymore.
'Zo' believes they are born to rule

The scepter of power was handed over to us 
By the colonial jargons
We are a better ruler than any other clan!
This we debate year in, year out


Hoping things we change
No spontaneity in change 
Nothing change if we ain't change
This thrown me in the ocean of thought
Then ask when will it be better,
Or can it ever be better?

Head bow in thought, in thought of 'Wazobia town'
Among many arrant nonsense being debated;
The older men are not up to date
Their ideas ain't working again
Let's enthrone the younger ones
Like the Macron of France

But the younger ones are more corrupt
Who then will save us from these epidemics?
Who then have the cure to what ail us
This and many more took my appetite away
This and many more makes light looks like darkness
©OdunayoSam, '19.

Remember, keep being you and keep being good.

HAPPY INDEPEDENCE DAY TO ALL NIGERIANS



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT MATTER

IT MATTER! The topic to be discussed today is ‘it matter’, but the question is, what matters? Join me as we look into this deeply.  When I was in secondary school my Agricultural science teacher taught us then GERMINATION and the factor responsible for growth. Some of the factors are: viable seeds, moisture or water, nutrient (soil) and air (oxygen) When I meditatively considered these factors I realized that not even one out of them is un-important. If any of them isn’t available then the seed growth or germination is in jeopardy. Applying this into our lives’ journey as humans, it is evident that some factors also responsible for our own growth in every endeavors of life. Some take this serious while some others don’t.  When I say growth I do not mean increase in the number of age. Neither do I mean increase in stature. We grow in business, career, and ministry and so on. For us to grow in life we need to take these factors seriously. For instance the viability of th

MY LOCAL FRIEND

                                                               We started this series last week when we talked about ‘lessons from a game of football.’ The capsule overview of last week post is the fact that in a game of football they have a common goal, which is to win. And we established that if at all victory would be their friend then there is a need for them to work as a team. Here is a personal experience shared by a very good friend of mine: I have many friends both in my town and neighboring town. Some of them are educated while some are not. There was a time I went for a conference outside my town. I met new friends at the conference whose exposure transcend some of my friends at home. I needed to get their contacts but both my subscriber identity module (SIM) and phone storage were completely full. A thought cropped up in my mind to delete two of those my friends’ contact. I wanted to delete two numbers, a guy number who was a drop out of secondary school and one ot

SEEDS

I remember when I started teaching as a side hustle. I didn't really take it serious. The first student I encountered,  just walk up to me for asistance, and I taught him at no cost. The last time I met him, he is already a graduate. After I graduated from the university I taught in one, two, three or four places. But those seeds I sowed then jokingly have become trees, I mean  big trees. Just last month I met two of my students in one of the reputable university in Nigeria; one is studying Chemical engineer and the other Computer science. Those were the one I taught between 2017 and 2018. Some of the students I taught between 2015 and 2016 had graduated from universities while some are in their final year. Some of my students are still in secondary schools and they are doing fine. I have students that are not in school but follow their passion either as singers, comedian, etc. and they are as well doing fine. Why am I telling you this? Is it for show, or perhaps to