Skip to main content

But why?






Do you want to know why ask why?
We were first part of the story,
I think we should know the end, tragedy or comedy.

I thought it would have a happy ending.
Because I never want the story that touches
Like Shakespearean Romeo and Juliet.
If you care to know it’s a love story
And it is and has always been a long one.
Such that if the sand on the sea shores were to be pages of book,
It won’t contain it.

Many verses had been written and recited,
Yet volumes of books can’t hold it complexity
And it’s just a four letter words.
But it is more complex than its pronunciation.
The foundation of the entire universe was founded on it.

Each time I sees two lover birds, I always envy and as well share their joy.
Such that I pray it has a happy ending.
Because I detest a story that touches to the marrow like TITANIC

But this meet me un-prepared. I never know you would end it this way.


I always thought she would be the vessel to convey your kind to this planet.
And you’d never objected to the fact that she’s the kind of woman you prayed.
Such that you always caged her like a pet
Yet you later dumped her like a used pad.

I wonder why men promised what they would never fulfil.
I wonder why we take possession of what we cannot care for.
I’m not castigating you for your decision,
Of course, I’ll never advise you to marry out of pity.
Because if you do, lots of regret await you.

It was formally believed that she’ll be your queen
If she marries you.
Table has turned, she’s now your wife if you dump her not
I’ve always thought you genuinely love her, not knowing you passionately lust after her.
No wonder you felt it not when you left her.
She’s not my sister, but you’re my kind, my gender.
Yet I felt her pain.

SISTER;
Never worry if you’re meant to be together, he’ll definitely come back
Moreover, he may be so myopic not to see what you carry, both in and out

However, he should have left you for the one that cares, but it’s never too late.
Though he had mightily used you.
Never allow this to make you sad, the one who truly loves you
Will mine you out like a raw gold
Never sees yourself as a used material.
You’re not and you’ll never be, you’re wonderfully created by God.

Brothers in jilting business,
It's obvious you want something new and fresh.
It's a known fact that variety is your deity
Such that when using a material to an extent,
You feel it’s old not considering her quality.
Then her many hidden  errors appear
Look here, "there’s no virtue in newness and no vice in oldness."

Till we meet again, I remain Odunayo Samuel AKERELE.

REMEMBER, keep being you and keep being good


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IT MATTER

IT MATTER! The topic to be discussed today is ‘it matter’, but the question is, what matters? Join me as we look into this deeply.  When I was in secondary school my Agricultural science teacher taught us then GERMINATION and the factor responsible for growth. Some of the factors are: viable seeds, moisture or water, nutrient (soil) and air (oxygen) When I meditatively considered these factors I realized that not even one out of them is un-important. If any of them isn’t available then the seed growth or germination is in jeopardy. Applying this into our lives’ journey as humans, it is evident that some factors also responsible for our own growth in every endeavors of life. Some take this serious while some others don’t.  When I say growth I do not mean increase in the number of age. Neither do I mean increase in stature. We grow in business, career, and ministry and so on. For us to grow in life we need to take these factors seriously. For instance the viability of th

MY LOCAL FRIEND

                                                               We started this series last week when we talked about ‘lessons from a game of football.’ The capsule overview of last week post is the fact that in a game of football they have a common goal, which is to win. And we established that if at all victory would be their friend then there is a need for them to work as a team. Here is a personal experience shared by a very good friend of mine: I have many friends both in my town and neighboring town. Some of them are educated while some are not. There was a time I went for a conference outside my town. I met new friends at the conference whose exposure transcend some of my friends at home. I needed to get their contacts but both my subscriber identity module (SIM) and phone storage were completely full. A thought cropped up in my mind to delete two of those my friends’ contact. I wanted to delete two numbers, a guy number who was a drop out of secondary school and one ot

SEEDS

I remember when I started teaching as a side hustle. I didn't really take it serious. The first student I encountered,  just walk up to me for asistance, and I taught him at no cost. The last time I met him, he is already a graduate. After I graduated from the university I taught in one, two, three or four places. But those seeds I sowed then jokingly have become trees, I mean  big trees. Just last month I met two of my students in one of the reputable university in Nigeria; one is studying Chemical engineer and the other Computer science. Those were the one I taught between 2017 and 2018. Some of the students I taught between 2015 and 2016 had graduated from universities while some are in their final year. Some of my students are still in secondary schools and they are doing fine. I have students that are not in school but follow their passion either as singers, comedian, etc. and they are as well doing fine. Why am I telling you this? Is it for show, or perhaps to