Skip to main content

Women violence, what about Man?



Believe of some is that the world is that of men, but in the real sense it is not. They believe men are these and that. But some of these things that society think are in their favor are really against them.  So many things have been written against them in the volume of books. Many believe that there is no such thing as devil but the real devil is man.
I know some are conversant with these words, men are green snake under the green grass. That idiom simply means men are evil that cannot be easily identified. That is how society mirror men.
If theres misunderstanding in marriage that graduate to divorce the blame is on man. Even in a broken relationship men are mostly condemning for whatever might have led to the break up. Men are their own friends and as well enemies. Even fellow men have written many things against their own kind.
I met a man on a bike one day who told me the story of a man who suffered over his children but at a point when the man supposed to be reaping the fruit of his labor the woman-his wife travelled out of the country together with the children and neglected the man here in Nigeria.
According to the narrator they didnt send to the man, they didnt come to visit him. Not until the news of his death reach them, they came back to the country to give the man a befitting burial, buying ten cows and did all sorts of jamboree.
Please scholars, what type of violence is this?
The man that told the story was so angry that he asked me to go and read a certain portion of the scripture-
Ecclesiastes7:26 And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleased God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by
After I read the scripture I understand that the man actually misinterpreted the scripture by generalizing that the bible verse above is talking about all women. There are some like that but that doesnt mean all women are evil.
The man later told me that whatever a man does for his children should be seeing as unto God because later the mother may turn them against him. Probably the man had fallen victims of bad womam, thus his lamentations! Can you now see that this man is suffering from emotional violence? And the society doesn't see it.
What of men battering; both physically and emotionally? The world believe that is only men that beat women in marriage. And as a matter of fact this is not even recognized in international law. When one tells the world that women also beat men in marriage, they read no meaning to it.
There is this story of a man that I heard whose wife do beat physically and emotionally. The man would be the one to cook, wash clothes and do some other domestic chores. The woman would bring another man home and would be sleeping with her on their matrimonial bed.
And the man of the house dared not talk. Because an attempt to do so would attract serious flogging not even beating.  This is nothing but emotional violence against men.
One may ask dont men also sleep with women other than their wives? Yes, but they do hide it from their women.
A woman would have a child for another man and give the child to her husband to nurture. After s/he is of age then she tells the husband this child doesnt belong to you. Again I ask, which type of violence is this? Many people believe that it is only women that suffer in the hands of men. Anyone that thinks like that is a hypocrite.
We only shout violence against women, I havent come across such thing as violence against men. Yet, there are many men out there who also suffer violence from women but nobody notices that, even the fellow men dont.
We only talk about rape in favor of female neglecting the fact that males are also victims. Some people will now be shouting gender equality, if theres any one that should ask for that right it should be men. And not women who has all things in their favor already.
The injustice against men is still fair in this part of the world. Unlike the western world where everything is against them. Over there the woman will ask for divorce and the most part of the man property goes to her.
Are men really slaves? No one is born a slave. The way an individual is treated will tell maybe he or she is a slave. When a man is not treated the way it should be, then one can say that person is being maltreated. And why do we call slaves slave? Because they are being maltreated.
Let me hang my PEN here,  till we meet again, I am...
Remember keep being you and keep being true.

© AKERELE ODUNAYO SAMUEL, 2017.

                                                                                                   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT MATTER

IT MATTER! The topic to be discussed today is ‘it matter’, but the question is, what matters? Join me as we look into this deeply.  When I was in secondary school my Agricultural science teacher taught us then GERMINATION and the factor responsible for growth. Some of the factors are: viable seeds, moisture or water, nutrient (soil) and air (oxygen) When I meditatively considered these factors I realized that not even one out of them is un-important. If any of them isn’t available then the seed growth or germination is in jeopardy. Applying this into our lives’ journey as humans, it is evident that some factors also responsible for our own growth in every endeavors of life. Some take this serious while some others don’t.  When I say growth I do not mean increase in the number of age. Neither do I mean increase in stature. We grow in business, career, and ministry and so on. For us to grow in life we need to take these factors seriously. For instance the viability of th

MY LOCAL FRIEND

                                                               We started this series last week when we talked about ‘lessons from a game of football.’ The capsule overview of last week post is the fact that in a game of football they have a common goal, which is to win. And we established that if at all victory would be their friend then there is a need for them to work as a team. Here is a personal experience shared by a very good friend of mine: I have many friends both in my town and neighboring town. Some of them are educated while some are not. There was a time I went for a conference outside my town. I met new friends at the conference whose exposure transcend some of my friends at home. I needed to get their contacts but both my subscriber identity module (SIM) and phone storage were completely full. A thought cropped up in my mind to delete two of those my friends’ contact. I wanted to delete two numbers, a guy number who was a drop out of secondary school and one ot

SEEDS

I remember when I started teaching as a side hustle. I didn't really take it serious. The first student I encountered,  just walk up to me for asistance, and I taught him at no cost. The last time I met him, he is already a graduate. After I graduated from the university I taught in one, two, three or four places. But those seeds I sowed then jokingly have become trees, I mean  big trees. Just last month I met two of my students in one of the reputable university in Nigeria; one is studying Chemical engineer and the other Computer science. Those were the one I taught between 2017 and 2018. Some of the students I taught between 2015 and 2016 had graduated from universities while some are in their final year. Some of my students are still in secondary schools and they are doing fine. I have students that are not in school but follow their passion either as singers, comedian, etc. and they are as well doing fine. Why am I telling you this? Is it for show, or perhaps to