Skip to main content

'NOW' PART TWO

                                           




I’ll love to start with the Chinese proverb I closed the first part of this topic with.
“The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago, the second best time to plant is now.” This reminds me of my mentality about salvation sometimes ago. I always told people let me be rich and enjoy myself. 

After, I can receive Christ into my life. That was then though. Can you see the archaic mentality I had? Can you see how myopic I was? I’m using this channel to tell you that there’s no better time to receive Christ than now. You ought to do so thousand years ago, that is if you were born then. The second best time to do so is now.

2corinthians6:2 for he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succored thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

Today is the accepted time to be saved-“Behold now is the day of salvation.” Please don’t postpone your salvation because you don’t know what’s going to happen in the next couple of minutes.

Hebrew4:7c- If you hear God’s voice today, do not be stubborn.
And to the saved or the saints, there’s no better time to reach the World with the word than now.

1Sam21:8 And David said unto Ahimelech, and is there not here under thine hand spear or sword? For I have neither brought my sword nor my weapons with me, because the king's business required haste.

King David made it clear in the scriptural reference above that the king’s business require haste. Sharing the gospel of Christ is a king business that must be done with diligence.

2Tim4:2-Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
Preach the word be instant in season and out of season. Never say I’ll share the word with her tomorrow when you have the leading to do so now.
If you have the urge to pray for a person, do it while it is called now.

JESUS Christ did the same thing when He was by the well side waiting for His disciple who went to the town to buy food in Samaria. Though He was hungry but when He saw the need to preach the gospel. He gladly did so without hesitation. This is the perfect example of being instant in season and out of season.

When His disciples came they urged Him to eat. But He told them, “My food is to do the ‘will’ of him that sent me and to accomplish and completely finish His work.” What a good example our master had set!
The best and the right time to preach the word to the world is now.

John9:4-we must work the works of Him who sent me and be busy with His business while it is daylight; the night is coming on, when no one can work.
But I’m not a pastor!
But you don’t have to be a pastor before you preach the gospel.

You don’t have to be the man on the altar before you utter the word or share the gospel.
Every believers have been commissioned to reach every part of the world with the word. Therefore you are sent. So far, you have confessed JESUS CHRIST as your Lord and savior. You’re sent.

Mark16:15
And He said to them, go into all the world and preach and publish openly the good news (the gospel) to every creature (of the whole human race).

© AKERELE ODUNAYO SAMUEL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT MATTER

IT MATTER! The topic to be discussed today is ‘it matter’, but the question is, what matters? Join me as we look into this deeply.  When I was in secondary school my Agricultural science teacher taught us then GERMINATION and the factor responsible for growth. Some of the factors are: viable seeds, moisture or water, nutrient (soil) and air (oxygen) When I meditatively considered these factors I realized that not even one out of them is un-important. If any of them isn’t available then the seed growth or germination is in jeopardy. Applying this into our lives’ journey as humans, it is evident that some factors also responsible for our own growth in every endeavors of life. Some take this serious while some others don’t.  When I say growth I do not mean increase in the number of age. Neither do I mean increase in stature. We grow in business, career, and ministry and so on. For us to grow in life we need to take these factors seriously. For instance the viability of th

MY LOCAL FRIEND

                                                               We started this series last week when we talked about ‘lessons from a game of football.’ The capsule overview of last week post is the fact that in a game of football they have a common goal, which is to win. And we established that if at all victory would be their friend then there is a need for them to work as a team. Here is a personal experience shared by a very good friend of mine: I have many friends both in my town and neighboring town. Some of them are educated while some are not. There was a time I went for a conference outside my town. I met new friends at the conference whose exposure transcend some of my friends at home. I needed to get their contacts but both my subscriber identity module (SIM) and phone storage were completely full. A thought cropped up in my mind to delete two of those my friends’ contact. I wanted to delete two numbers, a guy number who was a drop out of secondary school and one ot

SEEDS

I remember when I started teaching as a side hustle. I didn't really take it serious. The first student I encountered,  just walk up to me for asistance, and I taught him at no cost. The last time I met him, he is already a graduate. After I graduated from the university I taught in one, two, three or four places. But those seeds I sowed then jokingly have become trees, I mean  big trees. Just last month I met two of my students in one of the reputable university in Nigeria; one is studying Chemical engineer and the other Computer science. Those were the one I taught between 2017 and 2018. Some of the students I taught between 2015 and 2016 had graduated from universities while some are in their final year. Some of my students are still in secondary schools and they are doing fine. I have students that are not in school but follow their passion either as singers, comedian, etc. and they are as well doing fine. Why am I telling you this? Is it for show, or perhaps to